'Afon', similar to 'Avon', is derived from the Celtic British word for 'river'; this simple word in itself says everything about this canoe.
Rivers can be tranquil, or they can be wild, and the Venture Afon is a true enthusiast's canoe in which you can enjoy either variety as well as everything between, whether paddled solo or tandem.
High volume ends, a flared bow, a subtle V-hull, and paddle cutaways all produce a canoe that is responsive and an utter joy to paddle, whilst continuous hull curvature gives a progressive feel, and high secondary stability.
The Afon tracks beautifully when flat, but heel it over onto its high-stability chines and the paddle cutaways will allow you to perfectly place your blade and swing the boat around on the spot; on the way downriver you'll notice the flared, high volume bow picking up through features and keeping you dry and headed in the right direction.
- Moulded-in Gunwales and End Decks for higher durability and lower weight.
- Recessed lacing and outfitting bolts for greater protection and smoother roof rack/trailer loading.
- Adjustable seat brackets allowing seat height and pitch to be adapted to your paddling style.
- Flared sides with sharp tumblehome provide high secondary stability and unhindered paddle strokes.
- High freeboard and full volume ends lead to a dry ride, even on technical whitewater.
- Carefully tailored volume and rocker profile for reliable tracking when flat and nimble turns when heeled over.
Max Load Capacity: 350kg
Weight: 39kg (CoreLite), 36kg (TriLite)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.