The Klingon Empire Bungee Sprayskirt is an even more durable version of our Klingon Bungee Skirt designed to provide the driest possible fit for intermediate-expert paddlers. A 3mm neoprene tunnel is mated to an abrasion-resistant 4mm Supratex II deck while the Schoeller™ Keprotec® with Kevlar® reinforced front casing provides extra protection around the cockpit rim. A high tension bungee wrapped in a neoprene apron that extends past the shock cord makes the Klingon Empire our driest skirt. Super sticky silicone grip strips on the underside of the deck keep the skirt securely in place in heavy whitewater. Our grippy, corrugated, high-vis Eagle Talon grab handle holds its shape and prevents your hand from slipping off the end making it easy to find and pull in disorienting situations.
Implosion Resistance: 4/5
Ease of Use: 4/5
- High tension bungee is user friendly, while offering a tight and dry fit
- Extra neoprene apron around the front casing helps cover seat bolts for protection and dryness
- 4mm abrasion resistant Supratex deck and rear casing is durable and confidence inspiring in difficult whitewater and surf.
- Schoeller™ Keprotec® with Kevlar® reinforced front casing offers maximum abrasion resistance
- Silicone grip strips on the underside of the deck help hold the skirt in place when putting it on
- Eagle talon grab handle is grippy and easy to find
- 3mm neoprene tunnel is offered in many size variations to fit paddlers of most shapes and sizes (S-XXL)
- In an effort to reduce plastic consumption, this skirt comes packaged in a reusable grocery bag.
- Deck: 4mm abrasion resistant Supratex
- Front Casing: Reinforced Schoeller™ Keprotec® with Kevlar®
- Weight: 3.3 lbs (52.8 oz)
- Country of Origin: Thailand
- Hang to dry and avoid prolonged periods of direct sunlight if possible.
- Only store your skirt for periods when it is 100% dry.
- If used in saltwater, rinse with fresh water immediately after use.
- Go here for more information on how to properly care for your spray skirt.
For cockpit sizing recommendations please use the following link here.
Immersion Research Spraydeck Size Chart
Keep in mind that these recommendations are based on what 95% of our customers would prefer. If your boat is near the end of the range, size up for easier use, size down for more implosion resistance.
|Deck Size||Cockpit Circumference|
|Medium||80" - 84"|
|Large||84" - 90"|
|XLarge||90" - 95"|
|XXLarge||95" - 100"|
The most accurate measurement for a spray skirt is your kayak cockpit rim circumference. Most current kayak cockpit rim circumferences can be found in our spray skirt fit database . If your boat is not listed, you can measure your cockpit rim yourself. Grab a piece of string, rope, or a tape measure. Follow your cockpit rim around at its broadest point, marking when you begin the measurement. If using a string/rope, lay the string in a straight line and measure from point A to point B, and you will find your cockpit rim circumference. Happy cockpit measuring!
|Tunnel Size||Waist Size|
|XSmall||26" - 28"|
|Small||28" - 30"|
|Medium||30" - 33"|
|Large||33" - 36"|
|XLarge||36" - 40"|
|XXLarge||40" - 44"|
Use your normal pants waist size as a reference point. If you don't know your normal size, use a soft measuring tape to measure your waist. Take this number and subtract 2" then boom, you have your recommended tunnel size.